Kohima Police issues directives for traffic regulations, other arrangements
Kohima | September 16
The 2nd session of the 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) will start here from September 18.
This time, the session will witness question hour. According to the provisional programme, discussion on Naga political issue has been scheduled for September 20.
On the first day, the session will witness obituary references, question hour, the introduction of Government Bills, laying of Reports/Rules, presentation of C&AG Reports, laying of Annual Administrative Reports and presentation of Assembly Committee Reports.
September 20 proceedings will witness questions hour, consideration and passing of Government Bills, laying of Reports/ Rules (if any), discussion on Naga Political Issue, adoption of resolution (if any) and the session will adjourn sine-die on the same day.
In view of the 2nd session of the 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly on September 18 and 20, Kohima Police informed that traffic regulations which will be enforced as part of the security arrangement.
The Additional Superintendent of Police & PRO, Kohima in a press release informed that only vehicles with the following car passes will be allowed entry to the Assembly Secretariat:
• ‘A’ (Red letter with Yellow background)
• ‘B’ (White letter with Dark Brown background)
• Assembly Logo
• LH (White with Green Background)
• ‘O’ (White letter with Green Background)
• ‘ON ASSEMBLY DUTY’ (Blue letter with white background)
It also informed that no vehicle will be allowed to be parked by the roadside from 6:00 am onwards during Assembly Sessions at the following routes;
• From BSNL Telephone Exchange till Classic Island
• From Raj Bhavan till M.S Classic Island
• From Classic Island till Assembly Secretariat via Razhü Point
Other directives for traffic regulations stated the following:
• The stretch from High School junction to Assembly Secretariat via Sanuoru subway will be open for light vehicles, only for down traffic. All up vehicles will continue to take the Billy Graham road
• Heavy vehicles will not be allowed to ply from High School Junction to Assembly Secretariat via Sanuoru subway. All heavy vehicles including govt. department buses shall take Tinpatti-DBS-Billy Graham-Secretariat road
• Heavy vehicles will not be allowed to ply in Kohima town during Assembly Session, from 0600 hrs till the session is over. All loading and unloading of goods in Kohima town should be completed by 0600 hrs (morning) during Assembly Session
• Heavy vehicles will not be allowed to be parked along ‘D’ Block road
“While anticipating positive co-operation from the public, the police will tow away the defaulting vehicles and the charges will be borne by the vehicles owners,” the ASP & PRO Kohima added.