State level teacher’s awardees with School Education Minister Tokheho Yepthomi and others on September 5. (Morung Photo)
Morung Express News
Kohima | September 5
Sixteen teachers have been conferred with the prestigious “State Award to Teachers” 2017 at the State Level Teachers’ Day celebration here in recognition of their meritorious service.
Minister for School Education & Parliamentary Affairs Tokheho Yepthomi handed over the awards to them.
• Khesheli Shohe, Sr. GT, GHSS Dimapur: As teacher, she has been dedicating herself not only in the academic aspects, but in the overall development of the students. She takes special classes especially for HSLC candidates and the weaker students.
• N. C Datta, Assistant teacher, Unity Christian HSS, Dimapur: In the past 10 years, nearly 50 students had secured distinction in his subject. He has 100% attendance record for the last 7 years.
• Swedesunuo Zao, Head Teacher, GMS Jakhama-A, Kohima: To promote inclusive education, she gives special attention to children with special needs and invites them to school. A differently abled child who was imparted education under her care is now employed.
• Koijam Jitendra Singh, Assistant Teacher, Christ King HSS, Kohima: He provides free tuition to poor and needy students. Apart from the usual academic works, he tries to create awareness for protection and preservation of the environment, sustainable development, equality, peaceful cultural co-existence etc.
• Pranav Shekhar, GT, GMS Zanger, Kiphire: As the head teacher of the school since 2013, he is able to garner the support and cooperation from his colleagues and village community, which resulted in the improvement of the school.
• Brijeetha ET, AT, Loyala HSS, Kiphire: Out of the 36 years of her service in the north east, she has served 19 years in Nagaland. She likes to greet her students on their birthday with small gifts, pray for them, to show her love and encouragements.
• Sujatha Joseph, GT, GHS Tamlu, Longleng: She has been tirelessly giving fee coaching, tuitions to weaker students. She always tries to draw out the best in a child by inspiring them.
• H. Wangkong, PT, GPS Chi village, Mon: He has been serving the school and the community with outmost sincerity and dedication.
• Maya Suresh, AT, St. Mary School, Mon: In all these years, the school has been achieving 100% pass percentage result in all the public board examinations. She contributes selfless service for the overall development of the children. She has a motherly love and compassion to her students and to the community.
• I. Chuba Aier, AHM, GHS Mbaulwa, Peren: He gives extra coaching classes, visit drop-out students and parents for counselling and encouragement, pay home visit to know his students better.
• R. Mhonbeni Ezong, PGT, GHSS Wokha: She initiated an exhibition and sale event in 2016, which focused to give importance to work experience and culture to the students, and the proceeds of which is used for student’s welfare fund.
• P. Ruth Khuvung, AT, Mt. Sinai School, Wokha: She provides school uniforms to the needy children and bears the school fees for those children who cannot pay their fees on time.
• H. Kitoli Yeptho, PT, GMS Old Town, Zunheboto: As teacher-in-charge, she undertook some commendable developmental works for the school, such as: extension of one office room, toilets, school protection walls and water tanks.
• P. Neicha, PT, GPS New Akhegwo, Phek: With an acute shortage of teachers in the school, he gives his extra time and effort so that daily classes are not hamper.
• Talitemjen, PT, GHS Yajang-C, Mokokchung: To him, students are his hidden treasurers, needing for expedition and exploration on daily basis, so as to bring out and explore the hidden potentials of the child.
• Mongsenlepla, PT, GHS Chaba, Tuensang: Apart from class room teaching, she encourages the students, guide and lead them in other co-scholastic curriculum such as Bharat Scouts & Guides. She understands that the home environment influences or affects a child’s behaviour; hence she encourages regular interaction between students and parents.