Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
• Yes. Lack of knowledge about sexual harassment…
• Yes. Not just in sexual violence but in everything. Our society has become numb.
• Yes. No one is speaking out the truth anymore. People are tired and afraid.
• Yes. But where do the victims go to? Unless there is a proper forum for addressing sexual violence, people will not be willing to speak out.
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
• No. The cases of sexual violence were either rare or rarely reported in the Naga customary law courts. But the perpetrators were always severely punished and to set an example for all.
• Most North-East girls in big cities have no sense of dignity and shamelessness, which is the prime cause for high number of rapes and sexual violence. Let alone big cities, you have a very good example of the Naga girl who was involved with prostitution in Dimapur, which led to the lynching of a man from outside the community. What a black day for Nagaland around the world and even The New York Times covered it. Backward people will always be backward no matter how much the rest of the world keeps moving ahead. Majority of Naga society (men and women) are downright corrupted, un-teachable and dirty criminals. This is the reality and there is no need for remorse and it’s healthier to avoid such groups of people and move out.
Some of those who voted OTHERS had this to say:
• I don’t think people will speak out through this open forum.