Couple electrocuted in Haryana village

Ambala, June 13 (PTI): A man and his wife died after being electrocuted by a pedestal fan in their house in Haryana’s Fatehgarh village, police said today.

The deceased, Dharam Singh (35) and his wife Seema (32), were killed last night after a pedestal fan fell on their bed and electrocuted them, the police said.

 

The couple were found lying unconscious by Singh’s father, a security guard, when he returned home from work today morning, they added.

 

He informed the police.

 

Singh, a labourer, and his wife were rushed to the Civil Hospital in Ambala, where they were declared brought dead, the police said.

 

The couple are survived by a 10-year-old daughter who had gone to stay with a relative during her school’s summer vacation.

 

The bodies were handed over to the family after a post-mortem, Assistant Sub-Inspector Ajaib Singh said.