Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
• Yes, the use of chemical fertilizers in our state is almost nil or negligible unless in the plains of Dimapur region where some use it for mass production of vegetables, etc. That apart, Nagas seldom use chemicals, etc. for farming purposes.
• Yes, while my going to Tuensang way from Dimapur. All the rasta, women selling bastinga saying local ase local ase. My reaching time to Tuensang also unty khan selling squash pata saying local fresh ase… I only buy local and eat local.
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
• Sikkim is an organic state.
• We are tagged Organic by default but sadly use of Salt and Roundup will strip us inorganic.
• Nagaland cannot be called an organic state as long as the Non local veg vendors do their business since many Nagas prefer to buy from them rather than from local women selling veg & fruits by the road side. Nagas eat veg & fruits with chemical contains in it.
Some of those who voted OTHERS had this to say:
• Sure it’s organic with its natural environment but lacks entrepreneurship. Government jobs for the grabs by hook or crook. Sad.