Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
• Yes. I feel the closure of business and services on Sundays is a legitimate one. Just look at Israel. The country comes to a closure on the day of the Jewish Sabbath. This is respected and followed in accordance to the Jewish tradition. If they can respect and follow the Shabbat, why can’t a state that claims to be 90% Christian follow the Sabbath on Sunday in accordance to Christian tradition?
• Yes. As a Christian state it should be. But unfortunately be it leaders or believers we are not worth to call Christians.
• Yes. It is the Lord’s day
• Yes. Why? because for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy day. So we should give time and thank to God at least on Sunday. Proverbs 3:6-8. In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.
• Yes…. Not just because of religiosity but international labour law also provide one day off for workers and if this can be Sunday why not?
• YES, because it is written in the Holy word of God “keep the Sabbath Holy”
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
• No. We are living.
• No. Business has nothing to do with church service
• No. There’s no point at all. It won’t make anything better but only inconvenient. Better to focus on real problem rather than bring up an old century belief that benefitted nothing.
Some of those who voted OTHERS had this to say:
• It is proper to keep the Lord’s Day holy, but improper to impose. Spirituality cannot and should not be imposed; people must be encouraged to take their faith seriously. Warnings and threats in the name of God amounts to distortion of faith. Our faith cannot be imposed on others who belong to other faiths either. So, the objective may be good but the means to the end is faulty.
• “Sabbath is made for humanity” says Jesus. If God sees good in resting for a day (Sunday, in our case) then it must be very good for us. Humans and the world and everything in it need rest from work, labor, and even spending. It’s also such bliss to go to church on Sunday without the stress of heavy traffic. And yet, human also must go on living and attending to emergencies. And so total and rigid restriction may not be helpful. The church has a duty to motivate the members to attend church while the district administrators have the duty to ease people’s inconveniences (for both church goers and others).