Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
• Yes. It is affecting not only the students but the whole state machinery.
• Yes. Students these days know more about use of social media rather than the contents of their subjects. Students spend their free time updating their status, surfing, uploading n editing their photos instead of studying.
• Yes. They get easily addicted to it.
• Yes, when you are glued to cell phone and checking how many visitors have seen your profile, where is the time to study? We only have 24 hours in a day, can’t do everything.
• Yes… Performances of all those groups who are on social media.
• Yes. Phones are becoming smarter and students are becoming more idiotic. The amount of time spent on Social Media is more as compared to study time, thereby affecting the performance of students.
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
• No, the overall condition of our schools is pathetic. Blame it on teachers, infrastructures, environment, and so on. Social media is only a recent trend.
• No. Come one just look at the state of Schools in our beloved Nagaland state. Most of them don’t even have the basic infrastructure to actually qualify as a school of excellence. We cannot take the easy way out and blame it all on the students and social media.
• No. In this fast changing world. We need social media. In other places social media is being used as a medium for teaching and learning. This has not come to our state yet. But it is an example to say that social media can enhance learning when used with responsibility.
Some of those who voted OTHERS had this to say:
• From Head Hunting to Social Media. This is the leap we have taken. So naturally we are abusing the use of social media left and right. It has become a nuisance for all.
• Yes, for those who are not aware of social media importance and benefit. No, to those who took maximum advantage to keep themselves upto date through various networking sites browsing daily happening across the globe. Please disseminate more information on the benefits of blogging various sites and not look only to the adverse effects.