Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
- Yes, definitely. The politicians are no doubt self-serving, but the electorate is even worse. The electorate is as guilty for not holding up democratic principles and for voting on the candidate from whom they personally benefit more.
- Yes, the electorate is equally responsible for the current chaos and misery of the common people. The voters are giving chance to these corrupted politicians to loot us. Selling your vote for a few kilo of meat will make the people suffer for the next five years again. Only solution is, rejecting any kind of bribe and vote for the better candidate.
- Yes, all are corrupted.
- Yes, because of black money.
- Yes, by electing self-serving politicians, the voters are heading for self-destruction. One who does it is also responsible for the socio-economic and political mess in Nagaland we are going through. A time has come to vote out selfish politicians and vote in true statesmen and women who are committed to save Nagaland and its people.
- Wish I have something positive to say in the weekly poll regarding politicians and political situation once in a while. It is hoped that the current situation will deeply effect the public and some changes will come out in the future. Now is the time when public awareness is high. Media should highlights the wrongs of politicians/bureaucrats/technocrats /Churchcrats constantly so that it will touch the soul of the citizens consciousness deeply. There still plenty of honest and hardworking citizens out there. Awaken them
- People Vote for Money not for development during Elections. They don’t care what lies before them in coming days. Corrupted Leaders with Money and Muscle power are chosen by the people so I see that all the electorates electing the Corrupted Leaders for Money are Responsible for everything in Nagaland.
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
- NO way. You can’t blame people for this mess. The people are only trying very hard to survive in a situation that the politicians are created. The people will do what they need to do in order to survive.
- No, No. When the politicians have taken away everything from the people, you cannot hold the people responsible for trying to get back during the elections.
- No, the electorates is not to be blamed. The legislators are going crazy for fighting for leadership and now election is nearer they are trying their best to get the chair to sniff away the funds belongs to nagaland for developments.
Some of those who voted OTHERS had this to say:
- For me the situation is too complicated. It is like asking which came first, the egg or the chicken. I blame the system which has been imposed by the Indian government. We need a few morally sound leaders to stand up for the people and lead us.
- When it comes to questions where public needs to own up responsibility, we hardly see or hear anyone speaking. Everyone keeps silent. This shows that the public are equally responsible and are feeling guilty to own up.