To provide financial assistance to poor patients, the Government of India has launched a new umbrella, scheme of Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi comprising of the following components: (1). Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) (2). Health Minister’s Cancer Patients Fund (HMCPF) and (3). Scheme for financial assistance for patients from Specific Rare Diseases. The objectives of the three components of RAN scheme are as follows:
1.Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN): To provide financial assistance to poor patients living below threshold poverty line and suffering from life threatening diseases relating to heart, kidney, liver etc for their treatment at Government hospitals/ institutes having super-speciality facilities.
2. Health Minister’s Cancer Patients Fund (HMCPF): To provide financial assistance to poor patients living below threshold poverty line and suffering from cancer, for their treatment at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC)/ Tertiary Cancer Care Centres (TCCC) and State Cancer Institutes (SCI).
3. Scheme for financial assistance for patients from Specific Rare Diseases: To provide financial assistance to poor patients living below threshold poverty line and suffering from specific rare diseases, for their treatment at Government hospitals/ institutes having super-speciality facilities.
- The financial assistance to eligible patients will be in the form of ‘One-Time Grant’.
- Government servants and their families will not be eligible under the scheme.
- There will be no reimbursement of expenditure already incurred.
- Families covered under Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYajna (AB-PMJAY) will not be eligible for financial assistance RAN and HMCPF components.
- Maximum financial assistance admissible under the scheme will be Rs. 15.00 lakhs.
- Financial assistance received under Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) or from any other source by the patient for treatment, shall be deducted from the admissible amount of financial assistance under the umbrella scheme of RAN.
- Common application form has been prescribed for submission of request for financial assistance under any of the component of the umbrella scheme of RAN. The application shall be signed by the treating doctor/Head of the Department and countersigned by the Medical Superintendent of the hospital concerned.
The Application Form will be available free of cost during working hours from the Office of the Medical Superintendent of all District Hospitals across the State.
8. Application for financial assistance shall be submitted along with:
a. Income Certificate (in Original) of the patient/ parents/ other major earning members of the family, indicating income from all sources, duly certified by the Head of the Local District Administration- Extra Assistant Commissioner/ Sub Divisional Officer (Civil)/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Commissioner/ Administrator of Municipal Corporations.
b. A copy of the entire Ration Card along with cover page, with details of all family members, issued by the Food & Civil Supply department of the State government duly self attested.
c. Application should be submitted to the Section Officer, Grants Section, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Room No: 541, A-Wing, NirmanBhawan, New Delhi-110011.
9. The details of the Guideline including- State-wise Poverty Line for Rural and Urban Area wef 01/01/2019 (Annexure: I), Illustrative list of categories of treatment for financial assistance (Annexure: II), List of Government hospitals/ institutes under Ran and Specific Rare Diseases components (Annexure: IIIA), List of Regional Cancer Centre (RCC)/ Tertiary Cancer Care Centres (TCCC) and State Cancer Institutes (SCI) under HMCPF component (Annexure: IIIB) and Prescribed Application Form for Financial under umbrella Scheme RAN (Annexure: IV) can be downloaded from the url:- https://mohfw.nic.in/sites/default/files/RAN_Guideline_2019.pdf