Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
• Yes. Through this agreement Nagaland State was formed within the Indian union & the name Nagaland itself was created in its first point. Grant in Aid from the GoI to bear the administration expenditure from that time to this present days is followed in letter & in spirit by the GoI. Governor as the executive head of the State is appointed by the Indian Union. Religious, Social & Customary practices of the Nagas are well protected under Art.371A of the Indian constitution. Though my discontentment here is denial by the GoI for consolidation of contiguous Naga inhabited area then & now. Initially, Nagaland State was under the Ministry of external affairs since the state was never a subject of the Indian Government but presently for almost five decades under Ministry of Home affairs. Mmmhh! I’m partially Yes to increase yes vote %.
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
• Why, No.? 1.Transfer from External Affairs to Home Ministry. 2. Non implementation of Transfer of Naga Areas from Assam ( Forest) 3. Non-Integration of the Naga inhabited areas.
• No… Infact the GoI has gone back on many of the clause under the said agreement.
• No. We are obsessed with Independence that we refused to take advantage of it.
• NO!! .. What happened to ‘Nagaland shall be under the Ministry of External Affairs of the Government of India’?? … This is the deepest betrayal by GOI.
• No. More importantly transfer from external ministry to home ministry.