Kohima, May 3 (DIPR): Notice is hereby given that:
1. An election is to be held of a member to the House of the People in the 1-Nagaland Parliamentary Constituency;
2. Nomination papers may be delivered by a candidate or by any of his proposers to the Commissioner, Nagaland and Returning Officer or to Limanenla, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Headquarter, Office of the Commissioner, Nagaland and Assistant Returning Officer, on the first floor at the conference hall of the Commissioner office, Nagaland between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on any day (other than public holiday) not later than the May 10 (Thursday);
3. Forms of nomination paper may be obtained at the place and time aforesaid.
4. The nomination papers will be taken up for scrutiny at the office of the Commissioner on May 11 (Friday) at 11 a.m.
5. Notice of withdrawal of candidature may be delivered either by a candidate or by any of his proposers or by his election agent who has been authorized in writing by the candidate to deliver it to either of the officers specified in paragraph (2) above at his office before 3 p.m. on May 14 (Monday).
6. In the event of the election being contested, the poll will be taken on May 28 (Monday) between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.