Nukshi Esther Imsong
Institute of Psychology Counseling and Educational Research
World Mental Health Day is observed on October 10 every year, with the main objective of raising awareness of mental health issues and mobilizing efforts in support of better mental health every area by all the individual .This year World Health Organization comes up with the theme “Mental Health in the Workplace”.
Like any physical health, one individual must give importance to his mental health inorder to have a healthy living style. Now a days, working hour has became longer and individual becomes more stressed and anxious, due to work pressure, lack of proper sleep , lack of eating nutritious food on time , lack of exercise and taking multiple responsibilities etc. There are some major issue facing by almost all the people are depression, stress, anxious, panic attack etc which are very common for anyone, but are you aware about your own mental health?
It is very important the way individual think, feel, and behave can impact everything from productivity and communication to their ability to maintain safety and how you perceive the world, it can be very dangerous if you don’t look after yourself it may damage your life permanently , prevention is better than cure ,as you visit Doctor for your Physical health check up, there are Psychologist, mental health experts and counselor which you can talk about the matter in order to boost your mental health positively.
Some tips to promote good mental health in your workplace and how to cope well in your daily life
1. Create a healthy environment, which means friendly attitude.
2. Start your day with healthy Breakfast
3. Set up a goal to start your day
4. Work on your strength and weakness
5. Have a sound sleep
6. Take part in some sports and your area of interest
7. Take a break; go for a vacation with your families and friends
8. Be ready to help to those who seeking your support and set up a positive vibes.
9. Laugh, merry, dance and Sing to release all the tension from work stress.
10. Practice forgiveness and learn to love.
Staying mentally healthy is like staying physically fit, it takes conscious effort to face the stresses, challenges and demands that everyone experience.