The School Education Department in a notification informed that the Ministry of Minority Affairs has opened the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) on July 23 of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority Communities.
The scholarships are awarded to the economically weaker students from six notified minorities communities viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis pursuing studies in India in a Government or Private School will be done through the NSP of the Government of India.
The detailed guidelines and standard operation procedure of the scheme is available in the NSP
A DIPR report informed that all the students and the Head of the Institutions are requested to take the following action:
- Those Institutions who are registered in the portal and yet to obtain User ID and password are requested to obtain their login ID at the earliest from their respective DEO offices so that the application maybe verified on time. Those Institutions who are not yet registered are advised to register in the portal latest by August 15, 2018 so that their students can apply scholarship under this scheme.
- Students are advised to make use of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) available on the NSP homepage of the website for filling up their applications.
- Name in the scholarship form, Aadhaar and Bank Account should be same.
- Bank Account should be operative and active.
- In-case of Joint Bank Account Candidates name should be first in the Bank Account.
- Those Students who have received scholarship for 2017-18 should apply for renewal by using the same ID and password, and those students who did not get selected last year may apply for fresh.
All effort should be made adhere to the timelines given by the Ministry on the portal. The application can be done at (https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/loginPage).