1. Chief Minister TR Zeliang during the commissioning of the 66KV transmission line to Peren District stated that the power purchase cost of the state in the last financial year was –
a) Rs. 1578.58 lakhs
b) Rs. 116.42 crores
c) Rs. 165.55 crores
d) Rs. 281.97 crores
2. A 60MW power plant in Mizoram began generating electricity last week — making it the ___ state in the North East to become a power-surplus state.
3. The University Grants Commission launched a special scholarship for students of the North East region. What is the name of the scholarship?
a) Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
b) Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students
c) North East Fellowship
d) Ishan Uday
4. Who was appointed India’s Defence Minister in the recent cabinet reshuffle?
a) Nitin Gadkari
b) Nirmala Sitharaman
c) Maneka Gandhi
d) Uma Bharati
5. Lewis Hamilton took pole at the Italian Grand Prix in Monza to break Michael Schumacher’s record of most pole positions. What is Hamilton’s new record?
This contest is open ONLY for students.
Cut and send in your answers along with your name, class and name of institution to The Morung Express Office,
H/No.4, Duncan Basti, Dimapur.
You can also email the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp/SMS @ 7085976283
Answers to Quiz #73: 1-B, 2-A, 3-D, 4-C, 5-D
Winner: Khatangwu M, Dimapur Government College
Each week, one lucky winner will be given a prize of Rs. 500. The winner may collect the same from
G-Sports, Multi Disciplinary Sports Complex, Near DC Court Junction, Dimapur (Or) G-Sports, Shop No. 15, Second Gate, NH-29, Chumukedima
*Winner should bring along a valid ID to claim the prize.