Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
• Yes. This time the Nagaland government will have no choice but to follow up on their manifestos. The Naga public is no longer a silent fool. We will keep them accounted for.
• Of course. That is their only saving grace.
• Yes, they will have no other choice.
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
• No, since it is the same old candidate with the same old promise of development and political solution. Hopefully the younger generation this time votes for the better candidate and not on party lines.
• No. Just political gimmicks… Can’t trust anyone in this part of the world.
• No, they will not as they do not have manifestos in the first place. Even if they did, it will not be implemented as past history shows that they never did anything that benefits the voters at large.
• No. Most of the voters don’t care about the manifestos. They just vote for money.
• No. Political parties’ manifesto will be thrown to the DUSTBINS once elected to power. Manifestos are just and eye wash to cover up corruption and misappropriation. We have had enough experience in the past and we are going to face the same thing.
• No. Personal interests will prevail over public interests. Take it from me.
• Nope! Verba non Facta.
• No, because they will be working hard to recover the money they spend buying votes in election.
• No. Old wine in new bottle or so to say same student with different class room.
Some of those who voted OTHERS had this to say:
• Manifesto? I always thought it was Money-feast-too.
• I was reading the manifesto of one of the parties and I was laughing when they talked about meritocracy and fairness because it’s an open secret how many of their sons and daughters, nephews and nieces are govt officers NOT by merit or fair means. If you mean what you say, first cancel these backdoor appointments of their kin and kith. Same goes for other parties.
• Northeast folks should form Regional Party in order to face the challenge of mainlanders, not to be trusted at all.
• Maybe. Maybe not. Manifesto’s are like Resumes without References because they’ve left a path of destruction behind them.