Tuensang, June 8 (MExN): A coordination meeting of the nine tribal unions in Tuensang Town was held at the CKS Hall under the initiative of Chang Khulei Setshang (CKS) on June 7.
According to a press release issued by CKS president, Nungsanglemba Chang, the meeting discussed pertinent issues, including the poor road connectivity between Mokokchung and Tuensang Town, the only lifeline for the people of Tuensang district. The house also expressed the need for two-lane road between Mokokchung and Tuensang.
The meeting attended by the tribal union leaders also deliberated on the “ongoing practices of agencies on essential commodities” and “loan business through agents/middlemen between SBI and the public,” which lead to extra financial burden on customers and beneficiaries.
The release said many members pointed out that the prices of essential commodities were higher in Tuensang than in sub-divisions or villages, which transport the commodities from Tuensang itself. Issues on the absence of digital weighting machines in shops and meat shops, where sellers measure randomly were also discussed. Other problems faced by the general public were also discussed at length.
The house entrusted the CKS to initiate the pertaining issues with the authorities concerned and forum in the larger interest of the general public.
Following resolutions adopted:
• To extend full co-operation to the District Administration and law enforcing agencies in all times of need.
• To be transparent in sharing information and approach things with a co-operative mindset.
• To extend full support to each other in times of need.
• To settle all petty cases involving individuals from different communities and amicably settle by the respective tribal unions in the time to avoid further escalation.
• All issues pertaining to the welfare of the general public of Tuensang Town will be operatively approached to the concerned authority.
All the tribal union leaders agreed to activate meeting resolution in spirit and suggested to hold such co-ordination meeting from time to time, the release added.