13 houses gutted to ashes at Kiphire

Kiphire | April 9 : Barely a month after a house of a prominent citizen was burned down at Kiphire, 13 houses were gutted down at Longya ward Kiphire, today which was caused due to short circuit of electricity. The fire started at around 11:30 am, which was brought under control by public, police personnel, administration and local water vendors.
Except for few things, all livestock granaries and belongings were burned down to ashes.  IRCS Kiphire, District administration and well-wishers assisted cash and kind for immediate relief. The district administration has distributed two bags of 50 kg rice each to all the affected families. It may be mentioned that the government had brought fire tender for Kiphire district, but which went missing after some days, and so far nobody has any idea about its whereabouts. The nearest fire station is at Tuensang, which is 122 Km away from the district.


Click here to subscribe to
The Morung Express e-Paper


Click here to download
The Morung Express App