DIMAPUR, NOVEMBER 29 (MExN): The GPRN/NNC (AB) Collective Leaders on Saturday held an emergency meeting in Dimapur to discuss recent developments concerning the joining of some NNC/FGN cadres with the GPRN/NNC (AB).
In a statement, the group said the Government has reaffirmed that Francis Kikon has no association with the GPRN/NNC (AB). It said the GPRN/NNC (AB), which is functioning under the leadership of President SS Pongkhu Naga and General Secretary V. Yepthomi, continues to uphold the principle of non-violence and remains engaged with the NNPGs in pursuing the shared Naga political aspirations through peaceful dialogue.
The MIP of the GPRN/NNC (AB) alleged that Kikon has been misusing the organisation’s name for personal gain and indulging in activities contrary to its principles, including attempts to deceive and draw cadres from various groups. It reiterated that he had earlier been terminated from all association with the GPRN/NNC (AB) and, therefore, holds no position, authority or relevance in the organisation.
The meeting resolved that anyone wishing to join the GPRN/NNC (AB) must do so through the proper channel with the knowledge and approval of the competent authority, and not through individuals such as Kikon, who holds no legitimacy within the organisation. The GPRN/NNC (AB) “strongly condemned” his actions, saying the unauthorised use of the Government’s name was unacceptable. “A person who has already been dismissed cannot simply return and claim authority. It is impossible,” it said.
Issuing a final warning, the GPRN/NNC (AB) asked Kikon to immediately cease all interference and refrain from using the organisation's name in any manner. The group also apologised to the Naga public for any confusion or inconvenience caused by his actions and warned that appropriate measures would be taken if he continues his activities despite repeated warnings.