Kohima, July 15 (MExN): In the interest of public safety and to minimize non-essential movement of vehicles, Deputy Commissioner, Kohima and Chairman, District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA), Kohima Gregory Thejawelie, NCS, has issued an order to implement ‘Odd-Even’ system for movement of private vehicles under the jurisdiction of Kohima Municipality, except on Sundays.
This order will be implemented with immediate effect and remain in force till July 31 for the strict compliance of all concerned, stated an order from the DC Kohima.
The new order will be implemented as mentioned under:
Odd numbered vehicles:
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, only vehicles with registration number ending with odd numbers (Eg. 1, 3, 5, 7, 9) will be allowed to ply.
Even Numbered vehicles:
On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, only vehicles with registration number ending with even numbers (Eg. 2, 4, 6, 8, 0) will be allowed to ply.
The prohibition and restriction of movement of vehicles will, however, not apply to the following categories:
• Press and two-wheelers (without pillion rider)
• Vehicles with Special Permit for various exigencies
• Trucks carrying emergency Medical equipment, essential commodities, LPG cylinders and Oil tankers
• Inter-State trucks carrying essential commodities bound for the state of Manipur
• All vehicles restricted to ply by virtue of Government notifications shall remain enforced (eg. Inter-district zonal taxi, city bus, etc)
• Local taxis will be allowed to ply within Kohima Municipality as per the colour-coding
• Violation of this restriction Order will be liable to be penalised under Section 51 (b) of the Disaster Management Act 2005