Dimapur, November 21 (MExN): Kuda Village, B-Khel observed its 75th year of establishment on November 21 at Kuda-B Khel, Dimapur.
According to a press release issued by Kuda Village, B-Khel, chairman the B-khel was founded by Nimedo Sakhrie and Rokokerhe Liegise in 1945 from Khonoma village.
The celebration paid tribute to the pioneers including Ketholelhou Khate, Pfükrunyü Sakhrie, Ashuhe Khekho, Pfükrehe Khekho, Nisekho Liegise, Adani Khekho, Dokho Liegise, Zapukho Sakhrie, Lhuviniu Lungalang, Kurahing Tho-ü, Dr Setu Liegise and a host of others.
A newly built hall, Thehu Ki, constructed in commemoration of its 75th anniversary was also inaugurated and dedicated by Rev Miazielie Sakhrie, Pastor of Kuda Village Baptist Church, on land donated by Nimedo Sakhrie and Rokokerhe Liegise.
The anniversary celebration was held in low key in observance of the SOP of current COVID-19 pandemic with a limited attendance of only 100 members.
The function was chaired by Atuo Khate, Chairman of Kuda B-Khel. Rev Miazielie Sakhrie also unveiled the construction plaque and delivered the message, while Savi Liegise exhorted the gathering. Rev. Kenilevi khate invoked the blessings of God and released the 75th Anniversary Souvenir (Seweda) published in commemoration of the jubilee. The women organization (Thenuko Krotho) felicitated the pioneers and leaders of the village.
The jubilee was attended by Achübu Meruno, Chairman of Kuda Village Council and his colleagues, Thepfüko Nagi, Head GB of Kuda Village and his colleagues, all Khel Chairmen and Kuda Youth Club President and women leaders.