Kohima, September 7 (MExN): The Regional Transport Authority (RTA) Kohima has fixed the fares of city buses and taxis following the resumption of public transport services with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
In view of the current pandemic, bus fare per passenger is fixed at Rs 20 till September 30, informed a press release from RTA Kohima. However, the fare would be reviewed with further relaxations in the SOP.
For shared taxis, only three passengers will be allowed, apart from the driver and the fares will remain at Rs 25 per passenger, it said, adding: “Violators will be penalized as per relevant MV Act.”
With no scope to maintain social distancing, two-wheeler taxi service will remain suspended till further notice, the RTA informed.
The decision regarding the same was taken during the RTA Kohima meeting on September 4 and the new latest SOPs for city bus and taxis operation in Kohima town came into effect from September 7.
The meeting further decided the following SOPs for city bus and taxi operation:
• Seating arrangement in bus should be in zigzag manner leaving alternate vacant seats to maintain social distancing, and no standing passengers will be allowed.
• Every bus should be sanitized/fumigated at the end of each day.
• Every driver and conductor should wear face mask and also ensure that no passenger is allowed in the bus without face mask.
• Hand sanitizer should be made available in the bus for passenger while boarding.
• Passengers are also asked to carry necessary fare to maintain minimum contact.
• Every bus owner should make sure that a transparent barrier between the driver’s cabin and passenger area is made to avoid contact.
• Driver and conductor should remain inside their vehicle and avoid group gathering or assembly at work place.
• Checking will be carried out from time to time by the District Administration, Police and MV Department.