Zeneisiile Ate Loucii
The Central Government has taken decisive initiative steps to usher a new era of development so as to bring India at par with other developed countries of the world. States holds key to all developments and accordingly the state should look into early expedition of works.
Achievements of the Schemes of Urban Development Department for the State of Assam was highlighted (The Assam Tribune, Guwahati, Saturday, May 13, 2017):
Achievement on Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban), Assam:
Individual Household Latrines (IHHL):
- 4, 18, 48, 000/- were released to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) to construct 20924 units of Individual Household Latrines (IHHL) as 1st installment/ The works are in progress:
- Open Document Format for Office Applications (ODF) for all the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) will be declared by October, 2017 and accordingly Action Plan has been prepared.
- 52, 00, 000/- was released to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) to construct 200 seats of Community Toilets.
Solid Waste Management:
- Deputy Commissioners are organizing “Swachh Bharat Mela” at all the District headquarters of Assam with an objective of Open Document Format for Office Applications (ODF) declaration, Solid Waste Management (SWM), behavioral changes etc.
Information Education Communication (IEC) & Public Awareness:
- Different awareness activities like Rally, workshops, Marathon, Quiz & essay competitions, wall paintings, Hoarding, Street play, Swachh Pakhwara etc. are being carried out in the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) with mass participations.
Capacity Building and Stand Funds for Administrative & Office Expenses (A & 0E):
- Regional workshops on Swachh Survekshan was held at Guwahati. The Atal Mission For Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) cities, Guwahati, Nagaon, Silchar & Dibrugarh are actively participating in the Swachh Survekshan.
OTHE ACHIVEMENT OF URBAN DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT…….
Directorate of Municipal Administration:
- Devolution fund Rs. 72, 65, 000, 00.00 (Seventy two crore sixty lakhs) only disbursed to the 77 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) of the General Areas of Assam for Salary and Non-salary component of the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) under 5th Assam State Finance Commission.
- Fund Rs. 118.22 Lakhs (One core eighteen lakhs twenty two thousand) only has been released to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) as delay interest of General basic grant for the year 2015-16 under 14thC.
- Administrative approval for Rs. 5.00 crore (five crore) only has been accorded for construction of link road belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) dominated areas under Municipal areas.
Town & Country Planning:
- Completion of Storm Water Drainage at Barpeta Road under Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme For Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)-Project cost Rs. 328.57 lakhs & target achieved 6.23 km.
- Completion of Storm Water Drainage at Simaluguri under Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme For Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)-Project cost Rs. 667.74 lakhs & target achieved 11.23 km.
- Completion of Commercial Complex at North Lakhimpur under 10% Central Pool Fund-Project cost Rs. 354.74 lakhs & target achieved 89 shops.
- Completion of Truck terminus at Tinsukia under 10% Central Pool Fund-Project cost Rs. 229/21 lakhs.
- Completion of Storm Water Drainage at Lakhimpur (C) UNDER Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme For Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT) of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)-Project cost Rs. 610.88 lakhs & target achieved 10.04 km.
Assam Urban Water Supply:
- Commissioning of Dhubri Water Supply Scheme under Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCP.R).
- Commissioning of Gauripur Water Supply Scheme under One Time Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Commissioning of Howly Water Supply Scheme.
Assam State Housing Board:
- Rental Housing Scheme for Grade-III & Grade IV Govt, employees: The Assam State Housing Board has completed 80 Nos. of units at Guwahati. Out of which 78 Nos. Units already allotted to the tenants and another 64 Nos. of units are almost in completion stage (Nagaon-32, Mangaldoi-32).
- Janata Housing Scheme for Economy Weaker Section (EWS) General, Schedules Castes Sub-Plan and Tribal Sub Plan (SCSP & TSP) people: Housing loan to 412 Nos. of beneficiaries for construction of Economic Weaker Section (EWS) houses under this Scheme and released Rs. 20.60 Lakhs to the loaner.
- Urban youth undergone Skill Training : 7,836 nos.
- New Self Help Groups (SHGs) formed and revived : 536 nos.
- Self Help Groups (SHGs) received Revolving Fund : Rs. 148. 30 Lakh
- Area level Federation (ALFs) formed : 192 nos.
- of beneficiaries from Self Help Groups (SHGs) and individual entrepreneurs received loan from bank : 743 nos.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban In Assam:
- Total Number of Cities/Towns included in the scheme-97
- Demand survey undergoing-88 Cities/Towns
- Cities/Towns in phase-1:9 (Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Nagaon, Sichar, Teapur, Guwahati, Dhubri and Kokrajhar)
- Total no beneficiary identified in the 8 cities under Beneficiary Led Construction (BLC) Vertical-24340.
- Demonstration housing project at Guwahati in collaboration with building Material Technology & Promotion Council (BMTPC), Ministry of Housing 8G Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA0 Govt. of India.
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT):
- 4 (four) cities of Assam viz. Guwahati, Dibrugarh, Nagaon and Silchar are covered out of 500 Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) cities in India.
- Government have released Rs. 8137.00 lakh to the Mission Directorate for implementation of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) schemes.
The Sate of Nagaland could not garner several crores of rupees for development of the State from the Central Government as the Nagaland Governor P.B. Acharya declared the entire process of elections to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in the State, which was bitterly opposed by Naga Tribal Groups, as null and void. “Article 371 (A) misinterpreted, misunderstood and misused” to suit vested interest group. When people have gone to the moon in this age of technology fighting for basic amenities is a sad thing.