Kohima, August 8 (MExN): In order to sustain the fight against COVID-19 pandemic, it is pertinent to utilize the resources optimally, effectively and rationally. Considering the unfolding challenges the Department of Health & Family Welfare (DoHFW) has issued the following guideline on rational use of COVID-19 Testing as given below, for strict adherence & compliance by all concerned stakeholders with immediate effect:
• Testing criteria shall be in conformity with ICMR and State SOP and not be modified under any circumstances unless with the approval of competent authority.
• Priority for testing will be given to high risk contacts (primary and direct) or symptomatic cases.
• All other cases including low risk contacts, shall apply for slot for sampling & testing to the District Health Authority through Phone/ WhatsApp/ Email. This is to avoid overcrowding at the sampling site.
• The type of Testing to be done shall be decided by the attending health personnel. No person shall demand the Type of Testing.
• Test result will be provided depending on the case load of the testing lab. All person from whom sample were collected are to remain in self isolation till their result is made available.
• No person shall insist on retest, if the test result is 'truly positive' by Rapid Antigen Test or ‘truly negative’ by TrueNat. Retests should only be done on grounds of high clinical suspicion and correlation by the attending health personnel.