Kohima | September 7
The Nagaland Government on September 7 has issued a revised Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for persons entering the State.
State’s Planning & Coordination, Land Revenue and Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Neiba Kronu said that the High Powered Committee (HPC) on COVID-19 in its meeting on Moday has decided to bring new SOP for returnees or persons entering the State.
The meeting chaired by Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio also decided to relax most of the earlier restrictions for returnees as well as movement of people, he said.
Stating that most of the people engaged in road construction and other works are coming back to the state, Kronu also informed that quarantine will not be necessary for officials visiting the state for one day or leaving the state within 48 hours.
Later the Chief Minister also shared on Twitter that the HPC had approved a new SOP for “persons entering Nagaland in line with national guidelines and advice of State Health authorities.”
He also shared the draft version of the revised SOP. An official informed that a detailed SOP would be issued after some time.
Revised SOP for persons entering Nagaland
• Every person entering Nagaland will be allowed to go for home quarantine if he/she is asymptomatic and on his/her giving an undertaking that he/she has a single room with attached washroom or a washroom conveniently located.
• Home Quarantine will be allowed at only those locations in the State which has testing facility for COVID-19.
• The person entering Nagaland may provide his/her details as well as the undertaking online on the website covid19.nagaland.gov.in or he/she may fill up the hard copy of the form/undertaking at the point of entry.
• The duration of home quarantine will be for 14 days and in case the person remains asymptomatic all through out, there will not be any need for testing and the person will be discharged from home quarantine.
• The person before commencing the home quarantine will also download the nCOVID Nagaland Visitors App and update his/her health status twice in a day.
• In case the person does not have suitable room for home quarantining in his/her house, the person may go for institutional quarantine facility maintained by Government. At the institutional quarantine facility, the person will be charged for food at the rate fixed by respective District Task Force. The person may even opt out for hotel/lodge identified by the District Task Force.
• The duration of quarantine in all case will be 14 days.
• In case a person desires to lessen his/her period of quarantine or there is a need for doing so because of exigencies, he/she may get tested on payment after 4 days of arrival in the State and on being tested negative, the person will be discharged from quarantine.
• Anyone entering Nagaland for an urgent and essential work and is not in a position to quarantine, on entry he/she may give prior intimation to the respective District Task Force and if the period of stay is less than 48 hours, he/she may enter Nagaland after obtaining clearance, for performing the work and while following all health safety norms.