Maligaon, November 18 (MExN): The Indian Railway has launched 7 new academic programmes aimed at creating “best skill sets” in Railway Infrastructure Management, Systems & Communication Engineering and Transportation cum Supply Chain Management, an official release said.
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), Vadodra launched the 7 programmes - 2 B. Tech UG, 2 MBA and 3 MSc Programmes on core applied sector, informed the press release from the North East Frontier Railway, Chief Public Relations Officer Subhanan Chanda.
The B Tech Programmes are focused on Rail Infrastructure, Rail Systems and Communications Engg, while the MBA programmes are focused at Transportation and Supply Chain Management, it said.
The MSc Programmes, offered in association with the University of Birmingham, the UK, are focused on the Systems Engineering and Integration, Systems and Analytics, Policy and Economics, it added.
Following are the details of new and existing courses offered NRTI Vadodra:
1. BBA in Transportation Management (3 years)
2. B Sc in Transportation Technology (3 years)
3. B. Tech. in Rail Infrastructure Engineering (4 years)
4. B. Tech. in Rail Systems & Communication Engineering (4 years)
5. MBA in Transportation Management (2 years)
6. MBA in Supply Chain Management (2 years)
7. M Sc in Railway Systems Engineering (2 years)
8. M Sc in Transport Technology and Policy (2 years)
9. M Sc in Transport Information Systems and Analytics (2 years).