Dimapur, September 8 (MExN): The Regional Transport Authority (RTA), Dimapur today issued a set of guidelines for commercial passenger vehicles/taxis/auto rickshaws and trucks/goods transport vehicles to follow.
As per the order issued on September 8 by RTA Chairman and Deputy Commissioner Rajesh Soundararajan, three-seater auto rickshaws will now ply with one passenger in compliance with the new SOPs, on hire basis on all routes with the existing hire rate.
In the case of line auto rickshaws (six-seater) plying from Railway Gate to Chümoukedima, the RTA has fixed rates from railway gate to different locations and number of passengers would be as per existing SOPs, it said. According to the Consolidated Guidelines issued by the State government on August 31, six-seater auto rickshaws are allowed to carry only two passengers.
The new standard operating procedures (SOPs) are as follows:
Guidelines for Commercial Passenger Vehicles/Taxis/Auto Rickshaws
• All passenger vehicles should mandatorily maintain a daily log book of all travellers with the following details: Name, Phone, and Date of Travel.
• The drivers, attendants and the passengers should mandatorily wear mask at all times. No passenger will be allowed to travel without mask worn correctly.
• Hand sanitizer should be carried at all times and all passengers must sanitize their hands before boarding.
• The driver/attendant should mandatorily carry appropriate disinfectant and periodically disinfect frequently touched surfaces of the vehicle such as doors and window handles, seats, overhead hand grips, etc.
• The vehicle should be washed daily and disinfected periodically.
• Drivers/attendants will not assemble or gather in groups at bus/taxi/auto rickshaw stands.
• Limitations on the number of passengers will be as per the existing State guidelines for lockdown measures.
The Municipal/Town Council will ensure installation of adequate hand washing facilities like soap and running water or foot-operated alcohol-based hand sanitiser at the bus/taxi/auto rickshaw stand and display adequate IEC materials (posters/pamphlets/flex banners).
Guidelines for Trucks/Goods Transport vehicles
• All crew members shall be screened for fever by thermal scan at the point of entry.
• No passenger shall be allowed to travel in any of the goods truck.
• Crew members with symptoms- fever, cough and breathlessness will be subjected to further medical examination.
• All crew members shall mandatorily wear face mask at all times and wash frequently with soap and water or with hand sanitizer.
• Dhabas and amenity providers at designated places identified by the District Administration for truckers/travellers shall provide adequate dining space to ensure minimal contact, social distancing, foot-operated hand washing facilities as well as clean & hygienic toilets/washrooms.
• All crew members shall remain inside the vehicle and shall not mingle with anyone during loading and unloading of consignment.
• On completion of the loading and unloading of consignment, the truck shall be required to proceed towards its destination immediately. Local transporters requiring staying back must remain in home isolation and observe safety measures.
• District Task Force will facilitate availability of adequate hand washing facilities at all check points.