Some of those who voted YES had this to say:
• There is hardly any Corona in Nagaland to justify the cess but since we pay no taxes & if we start paying something, we will be looking out if the job is executed.
• It's a must to fight against COVID-19 financially.
• Reason Nagaland will get all the fund from central government.
Some of those who voted NO had this to say:
• No, the exigencies was government own creation therefore government has no right to impose COVID-19 CESS to fill up the vacuum their financial Mismanagement created. Today the causes of the state financial crisis are the standing multi storey buildings, palatial residential bungalow, luxurious cars... etc. Hence, it will be more convincing to tax the above mentioned assets accumulated directly or indirectly from the public funds! And unless the lawmakers, bureaucrats and technocrats reversed back their corrupted wealth to the public, more taxes on public can FORTHWITH a PERILOUS OUTCRIES!
• Till now we are getting enough financial support from centre.
• I believe that our government has promulgated such important decision through proper research but they also needs to justify their stand. In such dark times it is perhaps public co operation with the government ecomes pre requisite however, it is very unfortunate that families living below poverty line or poor families are the ones who is suffering the most in the end. This doesn't mean rich aren't suffering but the gap of wealth amongst the people has cause much more inconvenience and added another misery to their day to day living. Cess in price of petroleum effects directly to the price of essential or consumable or durable goods. Therefore, Does government has any alternative to tackle such issue? I am just sharing my opinion, this doesn't presents criticising the government. Thanks for the platform.
• After looting for years and years they are taking the advantage to recovery their evil deeds and walk away with it. Where are all the funds from the center, they are not showing any expenses. This shows that they are either incompetent or has crooked intention.
• Not reasonable.
• It’s rather to fill their pockets in the name of COVID-19.
• COVID-19 doesn't pose serious to the Nagaland economy.
Some of those who voted OTHERS had this to say:
• COVID-19 cess is not justifiable because the affected people should not be taxed again by the govt. Perhaps, if we have a trustworthy government, its employees and the private sectors would not mind in helping the government restore financial stability but it is very doubtful how the government would utilize the tax revenues? So, why pay cess to make a few affluent people richer by the economically struggling people?
• Not a good idea.