Dimapur, January 12 (MExN): The EPFO Special State Office Dimapur on Tuesday issued a notification regarding the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana (ABRY) scheme launched by the Government of India for employees having Aadhaar card and joining EPF membership for the first time.
The scheme was implemented from October 1, 2020 and has been designed for companies, industrial bodies, firms and even NGOs/societies and employees working in such companies, firms and societies and enrolled with effect from 1/10/2020 to 30/06/2021, it informed.
The salient features of the scheme are as under:
1. The Government of India will provide subsidy for two years in respect of new employees engaged on or after 1st October, 2020 and up to 30th June, 2021.
2. The Government of India will pay both 12% employees' contribution and 12% employers' contribution i.e. 24% of wages towards EPF in respect of new employees in establishments employing up to 1000 employees for two years.
3. The Government of India will pay only employees' share of EPF contribution i.e. 12% of wages in respect of new employees in establishments employing more than 1000 employee for two years.
4. An employee drawing monthly wage of less than Rs. 15000/- who was not working in any establishment registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) before 1st October, 2020 and did not have a Universal Account Number or EPF Member account number prior to 1st October 2020 will be eligible for the benefit.
5. Any EPF member possessing Universal Account Number (UAN) and drawing monthly wage of less than Rs. 15000/- and exited from employment during Covid pandemic from 01.03.2020 to 30.09.2020 and did not join employment in any EPF covered establishment up to 30.09.2020 will also be eligible to avail the benefit.
6. The EPFO will credit the contribution in Aadhaar seeded account of members in electronic manner.
For further details and assistance, the EPFO Special State Office Dimapur added that the office can be contacted via email at email@example.com.