Morung Express News
Dimapur | July 9
One power lineman was accidentally electrocuted in Dimapur today. It was informed that the man was in the process of disengaging lines at a distribution transformer at the NMM road-Landmark colony junction to replace a rusted electric pole.
According to a Power Department official, the supply was shut at the time. However, there was another complaint at the "Kashiram feeder" (line) in another location.
The linemen engaged on both the locations were reportedly unaware of repairs that were on concurrently.
Unbeknownst, the Kashiram feeder, which was also shut for repair, was charged back on after the fault was corrected even as work ensued at the other location. The lineman, working on the transformer, reportedly came into contact with the line that was recharged.
The official said that the lineman survived the electrocution. He sustained burns on the chest but the extent of the injury could not be ascertained.
He was said to be conscious and was able to communicate while being treated at a hospital.